10/07/2012

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Infrared Matte

Hello lovelies!

This is going to be my first review ever!

Two days ago, as I was at Sephora, trying to find new products, I bumped into this pretty little red lipstick by Smashbox.

The lipstick line is called Be Legendary and the red shade I chose (as a red lipstick guru) is Infrared Matte.

How had I not heard about it before?!

Anyways, I tried it on and liked it so I bought it for 19 Euros.

It comes is  quite small black box, and the lipstick tube itself is square shaped and quite small, with a silver Smashbox logo.


Information from the box:

Net Wt. 0.1 Oz./ 3g

Cruelty Free (so excited to read that Smashbox does NOT test on animals!)


Box description:

Get famously bold lips with BE LEGENDARY LIPSTICK. This ultra creamy matte formula provides luxurious saturated color with just one swipe, while the adherence power will have your lips looking marvellous for every click of the camera.


Further information:

Contains Vitamins C and E to protect the lips. (this only applies to the matte shades)






Smashbox describes this lipstick as a Matte True Red which i find quite accurate.

It is a blue based true red, which stays on forever.

Matte, but not drying. I dare to say I found it quite hydrating.

The colour is opaque with rich pigment and a slight sheen.

It does transfer if you eat/drink/smoke, but it still leaves a rich pigment on your lips.

Also, it makes my teeth look whiter (which most blue based red lipsticks do-yay!)

I always blot on a tissue paper to get rid of the excess colour (and avoid red teeth) and I was glad to see that after doing this, the sheen disappeared but the colour remained.

Plus, it does not bleed which I love, because most of the times I am in a hurry and I can't find my lip pencils.

Here are a few more photos






It really looks great in pale skins (I am a NC20) but I'm sure it will look amazing on most skin colours as it is very versatile.

I recommend it, in fact I would buy it again, might do it tomorrow in order to secure it)

What do you think? Have you tried it? Did you like it? If not, would you try it?

xoxo

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com